SKYAUS.COM

Retrieve Password
 Register Now
!show!: 6029|Reply: 19

Online Hazard Perception Test for VIC [Copy URL]

Post time 2012-7-8 15:37:15 |Show all posts
Am sitting my hazard perception test in 6hrs but for the life of me, I can't get 3/3 from the examples on the VicRoads website. And I can't find any advice on the darn thing on the internet (I thought it was meant to have everything??)[b][b]Freaking out majorly. Anyone got any websites that offer tips/hints or got any advice about the test? :(

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 15:46:15 |Show all posts

Online Hazard Perception Test for VIC

MsEllie writes...  Am sitting my hazard perception test in 6hrs [b][b]if you havent allready gone, just relax, its really easy. [b]as for the 3 examples, you dont overtake the bike, you slow down when you get near the sign on the bushy road, you dont have to slow down til you get close to the end on the road with the pedestrian in front (since your only going 30)[b][b]good luck

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 15:50:15 |Show all posts

It's pretty easy, but is a crock in my opinion.  The only thing it taught me was how to pass the VicRoads Hazard Perception Test.  You would think the required time on the road as a learner would have given you a pass in this area.

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 15:54:15 |Show all posts

Thanks, guys :)[b][b]I did end up passing, 80% was my score - but I have to admit that I was utterly shocked that I passed - it is such a horrid, HORRID test. After I got my score, I called my RACV instructor who told me that he thought it was absolutely pointless and just a money-maker for VicRoads.[b][b]Hrmph![b][b]At any rate, that is done, and I sit my actual driving test on Friday morning! Eep! Just gotta remember to stop properly when I'm meant to (>_<)

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 15:58:15 |Show all posts

MsEllie writes...  I did end up passing, 80% was my score [b][b]good on you, i got 70 something %[b][b] I sit my actual driving test on Friday morning! Eep! Just gotta remember to stop properly when I'm meant to (>_<) [b][b]i sit mine thursday morning, i hope i pass, i just want it over, been waiting 7+ weeks.[b]i have to remember to slow down in school zones, as my test is during that time :(

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 16:03:15 |Show all posts

Hey - good luck tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 16:09:15 |Show all posts

any tips or hints of what they ask you to do in the hazard perception test?

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 16:13:15 |Show all posts

mandz writes...  any tips or hints of what they ask you to do in the hazard perception test? [b][b]get the practice ones off vicroads, its like that. mine were about braking and reading signs, i think they vary from person to person

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 16:20:15 |Show all posts

Hi Mandz,[b][b]I believe there's a pool from where the questions are pulled, so you may not get the same ones as me, but here are some tips:[b][b]1. Practice the examples from the VicRoads website - I got all 4 examples in my actual test![b][b]2. If you get any examples that have trams, watch the tram's break lights! I had 4 questions where I had to click when I would slow down whilst following a tram - as soon as you see it's back lights go red, clickity click![b][b]3. You will get at least one example where you must make an emergency break - possible examples are a jogger on the footpath who suddenly runs onto the road, or a small child who runs out onto the road behind a 4WD - click/break as soon as you see them head for/step on the road.[b][b]4. If driving down a country road and you see a road sign for dust, break as soon as a dust cloud forms behind the car in front of you.[b][b]5. Make sure you know WHEN is safe to overtake other vehicles.[b][b]6. Use your common sense and don't be click-happy - some of the examples require no clicking at all, if you're sure you don't need to take any action, then don't click that mouse.[b][b]You only need 55% to pass, so as long as you know what you're doing on the roads when you're actually driving, you should be okay :) Good luck!

Use magic Report

Post time 2012-7-8 16:26:15 |Show all posts

мoe1988 writes...  i sit mine thursday morning, i hope i pass, i just want it over, been waiting 7+ weeks.[b]i have to remember to slow down in school zones, as my test is during that time :( [b][b]yesss, finally got them :) :) :)

Use magic Report

Reply post

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now